Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 10 of 30: Untitled 3

I can sleep to pretty much any music just so long as there is some. Though I don't like sleeping. I never have. Even as a baby. My great grandmother said that I was afraid to miss anything. She was right and continues to be. In my infancy, my father would have to drive me around, radio up, to send me off to dreamland. He'd then head home and attempt to get me to a normal human sleeping place. I'd wake up. Sometimes he'd take for another spin. Other times he'd give up. If they'd just put a radio next to the crib maybe I'd have been fine and they'd have stayed sane.

I've been known to sleep to Screeching Weasel, Brother Inferior, Master P, They Might Be Giants, etc. I need music to keep my brain from wandering and messing about. There's a pretty lady what sleeps next to me most nights now, so I don't need the distraction like I usetah. But when I am lucky enough to rest my eyes at some music (naps and shit mostly,) I most times opt for Sigur Ros.

2 comments:

  1. I announced to my parents sometime in kindergarten that I was going to quit sleeping because I had too much to do. Coloring & reading & playing in the sprinkler are still much more entertaining than sleeping.

    ReplyDelete