Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 8 of 30: Sleepover


There was once a Blooty. Pepsi presented, and there were some who found it spectacular.

James and I got sick of the whole Blooty ordeal and so put an end to the Dragon Carcasses and Archipelagos of your basement party shenanigans. After a couple years of prodding and whining and pleading and ego stroking we caved and gave the people one last taste. One last taste with some additions. There was a song we'd yet to unleash (Skateboard,) and we'd always wanted to cover 50 Million's "Sleepover."

The problem with "Sleepover" was the lyrics. The second verse was the aural equivalent of illegible . After a week or so of trying to piece together syllables, we'd come up with slightly more than nothing. The internet (for once) wasn't much help. I had to get on the myspace (aw remember that little guy?) and message Shell, asking for his blessing and the lyrics to the second verse. He responded, we learned the song, we blew up more amplifiers and the rest is absolutely guaranteed to be lost in the cracks of history with the rest of this story and all my others most likely.

Can I just say that day 8 is lame? How many songs do you know all the words to? I have entire discographies memorized (mostly.) This is silly. But I took an oath (I did?) to complete the 30 days, and I'm not gonna cheat and skip (Leah.)

You can download it and unzip to listen:
Here it is, it's Sleepover b/w Whiskey Eyes!

2 comments:

  1. wha...bah...ka...wha...okay. yes, i cheated. my problem is i THINK i know the words to songs when by jove i do not. please see me trying to sing any phoenix song on rockband for proof. good post. great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. harp and i are both getting weary of all these days, too, b t dubs.

    ReplyDelete