Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 15 of 30: Take Me Back To Tulsa

A song that describes me:

I am terrified of failure. I am not afraid of losing a competition. I am afraid of life changing failure and the thought of being abandoned somewhere. I did not move to NYC when I was 20 because all I could think about was what would I do if I failed. I have no safety net. My parents would help in that case but at much harm to their shaky financial bases. I have never ventured out of the country and (used to) not go on many trips as a result of this fear.

I day dream a lot. I day dream about being in the studio, and spending all my free time in between records buying records. I day dream about interviews with magazines. What would I teach if I had my own column in Guitar World? These types of things. As a result, I lose focus and never get anything done. I spend so much time and effort on dreaming about making music that I never have time to make any actual music. It seems that I need to grow up before I get to do all this cool stuff. I am not a grown up.

I have thought before about getting married. It's something that grown ups do. But again...not a grown up.

Being with Monika though makes me feel much closer to being a grown up. I am quickly approaching the grown up finish line. Soon, I will do these grown up things.




Sorry this don't got Bob Wills. It's a bad ass version though.

1 comment:

  1. loved this. excited to "follow" you on your journey into grown-updom. it's something we all have to do. i'm working on it myself.

    ReplyDelete